Our Child, Youth and Parenting counsellors support parents and families dealing with cultural and inter-generational conflict, providing positive parenting strategies and helping families understand the range of supports available to them.
The CYP Program provides support to children, youth and parents in the following areas:
• Crisis intervention and risk assessment
• Cultural and inter-generational conflict support
• Youth mental health: dealing with anxiety & stress, identifying abusive behaviours and healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
• Providing support to parents involved in child protection, education, youth justice and the family court systems
• Coping strategies for families dealing with separation, divorce, co-parenting or parenting in blended family structures