Indus Community Services is now a CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited service provider. The Gold Seal indicates that our services and programs meet the highest international standards and are an indication of the organization’s dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of people served.
Indus Community Services is a non-profit, charitable, community based organization. Our services are non-religious and non-political.
Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
- We apply best practices in our service delivery
- We are accountable to all our stakeholders
- We are non-political and non-religious
- We are committed to progress and forward thinking through entrepreneurship
- We are guided by community participation and collaboration
- To assist the immigrant community to integrate into mainstream Canadian society through education training, counselling, referral, information and bridging barriers (to integration).
- To assist and educate the community on healthcare needs.
- To provide family counselling and/or referral services in family crisis situations.
- To identify problems associated with the duality of cultures for children of immigrants and to provide opportunities for resolving them through education.
- To inform the mainstream Canadian community about the value system of first generation Canadians.
- To raise funds for programs and projects related to achieving the objectives of the organization.
- To strive for providing language and culture specific services as appropriate.