Brampton Life Centre
The Brampton Life Centre provides ongoing assistance and caring support to women and teens facing an unplanned pregnancy and to single parents and their children. We provide free pregnancy tests, options counseling as well as ongoing counseling and support.
Peel Think Share
The Region of Peel is committed to working with community agencies and service providers to reduce and prevent youth violence. This website is available to all individuals and agencies interested in youth violence prevention.
Center for Addiction & Mental Health
CAMH is Canada’s leading addiction and mental health teaching hospital. CAMH’s goal is to improve the lives of those affected by addiction and mental health problems and promote the health of people in Ontario and beyond.
Supportive Housing in Peel
Supportive Housing in Peel (SHIP) is a mental health agency providing safe affordable housing for people with mental illness in Peel and Etobicoke /York. The overall goal of their program is to enable clients to live interdependently in the community in an atmosphere of support, cooperation, understanding and affordability.
Friends & Advocates Peel
Friends & Advocates Peel is a Community, Adult, Social Rehabilitation, Mental Health Organization. We offer support to those who have experienced Mental/Emotional Distress resulting in Social Isolation.
The Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse (PCAWA)
The Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse (PCAWA) is a group of individuals representing various agencies in the Region of Peel. Their mandate is to promote a comprehensive and effective response to woman abuse in the Region of Peel.
The HEAL Network
The HEAL Network, a 15 agency collaboration, was formed to implement this prevention strategy in Peel. This collaboration has representation from various ethno specific and multicultural agencies. The HEAL Network partners have come together to provide services for children who have been exposed to woman abuse.
Brampton Life Centre
The Brampton Life Centre provides ongoing assistance and caring support to women and teens facing an unplanned pregnancy and to single parents and their children. We provide free pregnancy tests, options counseling as well as ongoing counseling and support. We can help with diapers, clothing (sizes 0-6x), formula, wipes and diapers on a monthly basis. ”
MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families is a non-profit community based organization. MIAG provides programs and services such as: Healthy lifestyle programs for women and children, family life enhancement and parenting skills, domestic violence prevention awareness, counselling services, capacity building for women, youth and seniors, and organizational development training.
Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centre of Peel
Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centre of Peel is a community based organization of women working with women who have been affected by sexual violence and other forms of oppression. The centre offers a 24-hour crisis and support telephone line, accompaniments on request; individual counselling for survivors of sexual violence and their support people; group counselling and public education.
Assaulted Women’s Helpline
The Assaulted Women’s Helpline is a 24 hour telephone and TTY crisis line for all women who are experiencing abuse. A free, anonymous and confidential service, it provides crisis counseling, emotional support, information and referrals in up to 154 languages.
Oasis Centre des Femmes
Oasis Centre des Femmes is a multidisciplinary centre operating in the GTA and Halton-Peel region. Its mission is to support Francophone women, aged 16+, who have been affected by violence in all its forms in order to improve their condition and become fully autonomous. All services and programs are offered in French and are deeply rooted in feminist approaches and practices.
Our services and programs include:
- Individual personal support: crisis intervention, counseling, transitional and housing support and family court support.
- Community support for personal, social and economic development for all Francophone women:Immigrant and refugee programs, Élan (employment preparation and career planning), entrepreneurship programs and our new micro-financing project.
- Activities aimed at raising awareness with regards to issues related to violence against women through educational and community outreach/ liaison within Toronto, GTA and Halton-Peel communities.
Oasis Centre des femmes est un centre multidisciplinaire ayant pour mission d’outiller les femmes francophones du grand Toronto et de Halton-Peel touchées par la violence sous toutes ses formes, afin d’améliorer leur situation et devenir totalement autonomes. Tous les services et programmes sont offerts en français aux femmes de 16 ans et plus.
Nos services et programmes comprennent :
- Du soutien et suivi individuel dont : l’intervention de crise, le counseling, l’appui transitoire et soutien au logement (ATSL) et le programme d’agente de soutien dans le contexte de la cour de la famille (PASCF) aux femmes victimes ou survivantes de violence.
- Du soutien communautaire visant l’épanouissement personnel, social et économique de toutes les femmes francophones: Femmes immigrantes et réfugiées, Investir dans l’avenir des femmes – Élan, Projets Entreprenariat et Micro-financement.
- Des programmes et activités de prévention, sensibilisation et de liaison communautaire pour susciter une prise de conscience des enjeux reliés à la lutte contre les violences faite aux femmes.