Indus Community Services is committed to supporting the development of post-secondary students by providing meaningful placement opportunities. Students play a vital role within Indus Community Services and placements are an opportunity for growth, both for Indus and the students. Students complete their placement responsibilities under the direct supervision of an experienced member of Indus’s professional staff.
Our programs offer three to eight month placement opportunities for students enrolled at an accredited post-secondary educational institution in:
- Social Work
- Social Service Worker
- Early Childhood Education/Studies
- Personal Support Worker
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL Ontario only)
In order to help you select the program or service you may be interested in, please visit the Program & Services section of our website and read the position descriptions listed below to ensure that your study program meets the eligibility requirements for the position.
To be considered for a placement, candidates need to:
- Submit an Application Package which should include the following documents (incomplete &/or late applications will not be considered):
- Student Placement Application Form
- Detailed resume
- Letter from your Academic Contact requesting a placement as part of your academic program. The letter must provide contact information for your Academic Contact.
- Email Application Package to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject heading of ‘Student Placement – (insert your name)’.
- Participate in an interview.
NOTE: Due to the large volume of applications and a limited number of placement positions, we will only contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.
We require approximately three months to arrange for a placement. This allows us time to match your educational interests with the needs of our programs. Application Packages must be received as listed below.
- For placements beginning in September – by May 31.
- For placements beginning in January – by September 30.
- For placements beginning in May – by January 31.
A placement at Indus depends on whether the candidate’s skills and learning requirements are a good fit with our programs. Confirmation of placement is dependent upon a satisfactory interview and a clear Police Background Check*. If you are accepted in our placement program, you will need to do the following:
- Attend a mandatory Student Placement Orientation prior to the start of your placement.
- Complete all required paperwork/documentation and trainings.
- Required paperwork/documentation:
Criminal Records Search with Vulnerable Screening*
Proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance/Liability insurance coverage for the duration of the placement
Up-to-date Immunization & TB Skin Test Documentation***
Current First Aid & CPR-C certificates ***
- Complete the post-placement placement evaluation.
* Waived for TESL Ontario placements
*** Applicable to Early Childhood placements only
Indus Community Services is fortunate to have many students complete their educational placements with us every year. We continuously strive to improve our placement program and encourage our students to tell us about their experience at Indus and give us their suggestions and recommendations.
Participation in the Post-Placement Evaluation is voluntary and the survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Results of this survey are confidential. In order to ensure anonymity, you are not asked to provide your name on the survey, and your IP addresses will not be collected. We will compile the responses and a summary report will be shared with the Management Team and Placement Supervisors. Upon completion of your placement, you will receive an email inviting you to complete the Post-Placement Evaluation survey.
For more information about student placement opportunities please email: email@example.com