Summer Student Employment Opportunities – 2018
Welcome to Indus Community Services Summer Student Employment Opportunities – 2018 information page.
All summer student employment opportunities are contract positions, ranging from 6 – 16 weeks during the summer months (May to August) and are contingent on funding approval from the Canada Summer Jobs program. Start dates for positions will vary (between May to July 2018) and all positions will end on September 1, 2018. Interviews will only be conducted after funding approval has been received.
Due to the anticipated high volume of resumes we may receive, we will not be able to give status updates on individual applications.
When to Apply
Applications will be accepted between February 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018.
Who Can Apply
To be eligible to apply for a summer student position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Are currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution, on a full-time basis for the 2017/2018 academic year, returning to full time studies in the fall of 2018 (proof will be required)
- Are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Student Identification Verification
Students will be required to produce valid/current student identification at the interview and will also need to present additional documentation at the mandatory orientation session. In cases where verification is unclear, further documentation may be requested from the Office of the Registrar.
What Needs to be on Your Resume
Please ensure the following information is listed on your resume:
- your current contact information including your name, address, email address, cell and home telephone numbers
- the name of the educational institution you are currently attending; name of any educational institutions that you have attended in the past
- your current student status (full time or part time)
- the name of the program you are currently in and the number of years of the full-time program you are currently enrolled in (example – Social Work – Bachelor of Social Work – 4 year program)
- the year of education you are currently in relating to the current program (example – year 2 of 4th year)
- all paid work experiences and/or all volunteer experiences
- all computer skills
- any current certificates (example – First Aid, CPR, etc.)
Police & Medical Checks
Some positions require the successful applicant to provide TB test and up-to-date immunization documentation and a Criminal Records Search & Vulnerable Screening at their own expense. This condition of employment will be noted on the position summary which can be found below. The successful candidate will be notified to obtain the appropriate check and need to provide the documentation at the mandatory orientation session.
How to Apply
For this recruitment, we are accepting applications via email only. A cover letter and resumes (submitted in a single document) must be emailed to email@example.com. Subject line of email must clearly state the position being applied for. If you are applying for multiple positions, please list all the positions you are applying for in the cover letter.