Family Court Support Workers provide support to victims of domestic violence navigating the family court system. We support clients in understanding their rights for making informed decisions on matters related to custody, child support, spousal support, and division of property and assets. Supports provided:
- Increase the victim’s access to services and supports
- Facilitate the victim’s understanding of the family court system
- Provide the victim with safety planning and risk assessments including safety related to court attendances
- Liaise with the criminal court where charges have been laid against the alleged offender
- Assist with Legal Aid applications and appeals
- Accompanying the victim to court proceedings where appropriate
All services are free and confidential. Language Interpretation is available in French and other languages by request.