What the Program offers?
The program offers to match Newcomers with Volunteer Mentors who can help support with:
- Receiving mentorship and guidance
- Getting started in Canada
- Learning new life skills
- Building a social network
- Learning about community resources
- Increasing cultural awareness
Who can join the program?
- All Newcomers who have been in Canada less than three years
- Newcomers residing in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville
What time and effort is required?
The program does require a time commitment, details are listed below:
- If you would like to be matched you will need to connect with your mentor 1 – 2 times per week for a period of 3 – 6 months
- You can connect with your mentor in person or via video or phone calls
Who are our Volunteers?
All Volunteers in the program:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have been in Canada for more than two years
- Have undergone training and background checks
If you know of a newcomer family which could benefit from the Community Connections program, please contact:
Dolly Singh at 905-275-2369 Ext.252 | email@example.com
We invite you to review our flyer below to learn more: